Check Email on an Android Mobile Device
To set up your email account on an Android device, please follow these instructions.
These instructions are for a Samsung device but every device can be slightly different according to the manufacturer. They should all be similar.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Accounts and then Add Account.
- Tap Email
- Tap Other
- Enter your full email address.
- Enter your password.
- Tap Manual Setup
- Under “Select Account Type”, choose IMAP account
- Your Username is your full email address. Enter your password.
- Under Incoming Server Settings, enter secure.iljmail.com for Server.
- Select SSL (Accept all certificates) or, if that’s not available, SSL/TLS for Security Type.
- Enter 993 for Port
- Enter INBOX for IMAP Path Prefix
- Under Outgoing Server Settings, enter secure.iljmail.com for SMTP Server.
- Select TLS (Accept all certificates) or, if that’s not available, STARTTLS for Security Type.
- Enter 2500 for Port.
- Make sure Require Sign in box is checked.
- Enter email address and password again if it’s not already filled in for you.
- Tap Next. It will check your settings.
- Choose options on the next screen if you like or leave it as the defaults.
- Tap Done.
- Verify account name and your name to be displayed on outgoing mail. Tap Done.
Open mail application and verify your email synchronizes.