Search Knowledge Base by Keyword
How to Check Email with Apple Mail
This knowledge base is being phased out. You can find the new one with updated articles at this link: iljmail.zendesk.com
To set up your mailbox in Apple Mail, please follow these instructions:
- Open Apple Mail and click Mail.
- Click Add Account.
- Select Add Other Mail Account and click Continue.
- Enter your name, email address and password, click Sign In.
- You may see an alert “Unable to verify account name or password” and be required to enter additional information:
- Email Address: Enter your email address
- User Name: Enter your email address
- Password: Enter your mailbox password
- Account Type: Select IMAP
- Incoming Mail Server: Enter secure.iljmail.com
- Outgoing Mail Server: Enter secure.iljmail.com
- Click Sign In.
- Check Mail and click Done.
- Select Mail / Preferences and click the Accounts tab.
- Select your email account in the left side menu.
- Select Server Settings.
- Under Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP), uncheck Automatically manage connection settings.
- Your User Name, Password and Host Name fields should already be filled. Make sure the box is checked Use TLS/SSL. Set the Port to 2500. Leave the Authentication type as password and click Save.