Search Knowledge Base by Keyword
How to Set Up Email in Thunderbird
This knowledge base is being phased out. You can find the new one with updated articles at this link: iljmail.zendesk.com
This article explains how to set up your new email address in the desktop application called Thunderbird. You can click here to read more about Thunderbird
To add your mailbox in the Thunderbird mail client, please follow these instructions (also, click here to read about the difference between IMAP and POP):
These instructions are for version 78.5.1. It’s possible your settings are slightly different but the server names and ports will be the same.
- In Thunderbird, click on the main menu icon (three horizontal lines) at the top right of the screen.
- Click Account Settings.
- Click the Account Actions menu (bottom left).
- Click Add Mail Account.
- Enter Your name, Email address and Password and click Continue.
- Click Configure Manually
- For the Incoming IMAP server, enter secure.iljmail.com
- For Incoming SSL, select SSL/TLS and it should be Port 993.
- For the Outgoing SMTP server, enter secure.iljmail.com
- For Outgoing SSL, select STARTTLS.
- For Outgoing Port, enter 2500
- For Username Incoming and Outgoing, enter your full email address.
- Click Re-test.
- Click Done.
Here’s a screenshot of the settings after clicking Re-test (replace the test user information with your own of course):