Search Knowledge Base by Keyword
How to Set Up FairEmail App on Android
This knowledge base is being phased out. You can find the new one with updated articles at this link: iljmail.zendesk.com
Just fair warning, this is one of the more difficult apps to set up but we have provided the steps for you here. Please use third party apps at your own risk.
Once you get the app installed:
1. Tap the FairEmail Icon on your device
2. You will need to review their license agreement and agree to be able to use the app.
3. On the next screen, under the Wizard button, tap the link that says “Manual setup and more options”
4. Under that a new set of buttons will show up. Tap “Accounts”
5. Tap the plus icon in the lower right corner.
6. Choose IMAP
7. Tap “Provider” and choose “Custom”
8. You can skip the “optional” fields
9. Under IMAP Host Name put: secure.iljmail.com
10. Choose SSL/TLS if it’s not already checked.
11. Port 993
12. Username is your full email address
13. Password is your email password
14. Swipe down to the “check” button and tap it.
15. It will check the server and then show a list of folders.
16. Swipe down and click “Save”
17. On the next screen, you can type in your name.
18. Swipe down to the SMTP section and type in secure.iljmail.com
19. Under Encryption, choose STARTTLS
20. For Port Number, type in 2500
21. It should have filled in your email address and password under that but if not, type those in again.
22. Tap Save and your account should be set up!
23. It will refresh to the account list.
24. Now you can go back to the main screen to send and receive email messages.
These instructions are here for your convenience and have been tested and proven work with our service, but please understand we do not own or operate this app. If you need support with the app, you will need to contact the developer. If you can access your email through our webmail interface, then these settings should work and everything is working on our end. Most issues setting up an app that we see come from someone not typing in the mail servers correctly. Both incoming and outgoing (SMTP) servers must be: secure.iljmail.com
Here are screenshots of the setup: