Importing Contacts to Webmail
If you are moving from another email service, you might want to find an easy way to bring all your contacts over to ILJ Mail. We can’t cover the process for every email program here but we can show you how to IMPORT your contacts if you can get them exported from the other service into a .csv format.
Importing Contacts into ILJ Mail Webmail
- Sign into your ILJ Mail email account here: https://webmail.iljmail.com
- On the upper right, choose Address Book (the icon that looks like a person)
- Choose Import in the top left.
- Click the Browse button and choose the file you want to upload. (please note extra step to do before this for Yahoo users below)
When you choose your file, then click Import and it will import these contacts into your address book.
Exporting Contacts to use with ILJ Mail
Here are a few widely used services that you might want to export contacts from:
- Sign into your email account at https://outlook.live.com
- Click on the People icon on the left menu pane.
- Click on “Manage” in the upper right and choose “Export Contacts”
- Choose All Contacts and save the file.
- Sign into your email account at https://gmail.com
- Click on the Google Apps icon (looks like a block of dots) and choose “Contacts” from that list. It should open in a new window.
- On the left menu pane, choose “Export”
- Choose “Outlook CSV”
- Click Export and save the file to your computer.
- Sign into your email account at https://mail.yahoo.com
- Click on the little contact icon in the upper right.
- Chose the three dots to bring up the menu.
- Choose Export to CSV File.
- Save to your computer.
Important Note for Yahoo Users!
You must edit the downloaded spreadsheet before it will work with our webmail import. The column that lists email address MUST say “E-mail Address” at the top instead of “Email 1”. It’s very important that this column is labeled correctly or our system will not recognize the email addresses and all your contacts will import with no email addresses.
Here’s what the file looks like when opened from the download:
Here’s what it should look like before you try to import it. (I highlighted the area that needs changed)
It needs to say EXACTLY this: E-mail Address
Save that file (don’t change the file type). Then follow the instructions at the top of this page to import into webmail.
If you have any problems, let us know!